BWRC Final Call for 2012 Workshops, Lectures & Breakfast Roundtable Proposals
5 Jan 2012 BWRCadmin 5
Black Writers Reunion & Conference invites you to contribute your ideas, experience, and expertise at our 7th national conference on creative, professional, and freelance writing and publishing to be held at the Westin Fort Lauderdale Resort & Spa in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
BWRC is accepting proposals for sessions on the craft and business of writing to be presented on Thursday and Friday, August 30 and 31, 3012. We are especially interested in interactive workshops which will allow participants to engage in hands-on writing activities wherever possible and to receive feedback on their work, whether during or immediately following the conference. Tracks for the 2012 conference include:
- Writer’s Life
- The Writing Craft
- Next-Level Writing
- Publishing & Promoting
The deadline for proposal submission is Tuesday, February 21, 2012.(Update 2.8.12 – 2012 program is now full; proposals will be considered for alternate workshops only)
- Writing Faction – weaving real-life stories into your novels (ethically)
- Your Writing as an Investment in Others’ Growth
- The Written World – an in-depth look at professional writing careers, industries & disciplines
- Staging the Page – transitioning from script to stage, creating/staging a trailer for your book
- Judging Your Book By Its Cover – the art of book cover design
- How to Get Corporate Sponsorship Money to Promote Your Books
- The Life of a Writer – balancing life & writing
- How to Increase Book Sales Via Web Avenues
- eBook Formatting for Kindle, Nook, and Smashwords
- Social Media Book Marketing Strategies
- The Gritty Writer’s Guide to Website Strategy
- Plotting Boot Camp
- Journaling as a Writing Tool
See Workshops for updated listing.
BWRC is also accepting proposals for Breakfast Roundtables, a new addition to the conference which offers participants an opportunity to share knowledge on a topic of your choice with fellow attendees during breakfast.